[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Hurricane Fran Report: S. Carolina

Gary wrote:

>although your seemingly off-hand remark of wind speeds of "only about 80 to
>90 mph" blows me away (no pun intended). I can't imagine the wind blowing
>with that much force.

That's only a siff breeze...there's reports of 150 mph gusts about 35 miles
north of me. That's when it gets too windy for my charts to stay on the
clipboard... ;>

>Sorry to hear about your weather equipment, but does this mean your
>telescopes survived. I know you were concerned.

The weather equipment was my neighbor's...he was wanting to use my land to
set it up on and I helped him as we were running out of time. All of my
telescopes made it through okay.  :->