[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Data Collection (was: august data summary)

Lew wrote:
>Any hour you spend out under the sky is not only beautiful and fun: with a
>little bit of training (which folks from NAMN and on this list are happy to
>provide), that hour can also be really worthwhile scientific data collection!

I just wanted to add that this has always been a problem with meteor
observations. The great majority tend to surround the "big" showers of the
year while relatively few are made of the many lesser known showers. The
warmer spring and summer months are also well represented in observations.
But othere times of the year are also in need of observations, so meteor
observing is a year round pursuit. When shower activity is low or
non-existent, there is always the sporadics that are in need of observations!

Mark Davis
MeteorObs@charlestondot net