[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

FWD: Re: (meteorobs) Re: slow Sep 6/7 + virus

------- Forwarded Message

Date: Mon, 9 Sep 1996 00:45:03 -0400
From: KevTK@aoldot com
To: meteorobs@latradedot com
Subject: Re: (meteorobs) Re: slow Sep 6/7 + virus

<< From an excellent newsletter I subscribe to, the "good times" virus is the
 worst I've heard of.  It is spread via e-mail.  If you receive a message
 with "good times" on the subject line, do NOT read it!  This would activate
 it, and your hard drive and processor would both be permanently destroyed.
 Just delete it WITHOUT reading it, and you will be all right.  Eventually
 the name will change, but there is plenty of this one in circulation.

There is no "Good Times" virus- what happens is everyone gets on line and
tells all their friends and so on and so on.  This is the point of the
"virus" - the online servers get clogged with all the e-mail and bog down.
Thats the whole thing.  This story went thru aol a few months back .  :)
Kevin

------- End of Forwarded Message