[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) I'm b-a-a-a-a-c-k

Hi all, just to let you know, I have returned from my work related visit to
that exciting tourist/shopping mecca of Lancaster, PA. So after I get
caught up on some stuff, I will be observing the A-T's ( and the rest of
the sky :->) from now on, weather permitting. Right now the sky looks
pretty good, but last glance I had at a satellite pic, it didn't look too
good for tonight. Thanx, George for forwarding Kevins report to IMO, since
we all knew Mark would be running for his life (with the National Guard
chasing him no less), and I'm glad to see Mark survived relativly
unscathed. It would appear, as I believe Dr Gray has hinted, that the
several decade long period with minimal hurricane activity along the Mid
Atlantic coast may have come to an end, so I would suspect preparation of a
permanent evacuation kit might be in order for the future! Hate to see a
12.5" glass frisbee :->. Kevin, I will be in touch once I'm back in tune
with the weather...the stupid hotel I was in did not have the weather
channel...I went through severe withdrawal, 'specially with a hurricane
making landfall. Too bad I didn't have sense enough to miss the Giants game
yesterday. Lew, I have written Malcolm in the past, but have not heard of
the telescope plotting charts..dot can you tell me more? Oh, and a final bit
of bad news... I received my New IMO Visual handbook just before I left...
or I more correctly should say I received my ripped, empty IMO Visual
handbook envelope..dot sigh. After waiting over 3 months, it is lost between
Deutschland und my home. Sigh. Well I filled out the form, and they're
looking on the floor of the International mail facility in Jersey City, NJ
for it....if it doesnt show up I'll have to order another. Sigh.
Later all, Wayne