[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) A-T radiant for Sept 9/10?

Well, I observed last night (sep 9/10) for about 6.5 hours under clear 6.0
skies.  I plotted 51 meteors total....45 of these were after midnight-
thirty.  I did end up with a suspicious area that could possibly be a radiant
to the Triangulum-Aries shower candidate. I plotted 5 that has all the right
looks and makes a tight intersect point of about a degree or two in the A-T
area. 5 possibles out of 51 is cutting it close though and still puts it
within the realm of chance of alignments.  I may have also photographed a -2
member of this group with the camera that had the rotating shutter.  I won't
give the radiant position just yet, because I don't want to bias any
relatively inexperienced observers.  I also plan on observing tonight and
tomorrow nite as well and I want to see if the tight radiant still exists.  I
will however notify Rainer and Rendtel so that they can keep a careful eye to
this area. On Wednesday or Thursday I will announce the radiant position to
everyone else.
George Z.