[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Plotting Session Sep 9/10

Well, I *FINALLY* got a few clear hours of sky-time last night, here in the new
Cloud Capital of the World. (!$#!@#$ hurricanes).

And, once again, I was shoed away by the skunks, this time well before dawn!
Something must be done about these critters, or I'll have to wait for the deep
winter to observe again! Anybody know a True Home Remedy for skunk infestation?

Saw three possible Ari-Tri candidates (reserving judgement till I've had another
look at the plots), and three (possibly four) very nice DAUs. I also caught two
meteors of less than five degrees length last night, one with a brief train.

And I saw a BEAUTIFUL sloooow sporadic (handily a 1 on the NAMN scale) covering
some 20 degrees in just under three full seconds. Not bright (mag 2.5), and no
color, so an unlikely reentry candidate. But it sure was a thrill.

I also MAY have photographed one Ari-Tri and two DAUs in the same image,
depending on whether I actually tripped the !$%!@#$% cable release unknowingly
near the START or END of that exposure. x^*

Clear skies!
Lew