[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: DAU radiant (was: Sept 10 Observations)

Kevin,

The DAU radiant for tonight is at approximately 61 +47 which is in Perseus
about one hour in RA from Capella. I think what might be confusing you is
that this shower is not yet well understood, and it is believed there are
actually two separate showers involved: the "September Perseids" and the
"October" delta Aurigids. This might explain the apparent "mis-location" of
the DAU radiant. For now, I suggest considering this as one shower and plot
all meteors from this area to help define what's really taking place.

Hope this helps!

Mark Davis
MeteorObs@charlestondot net