[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: True Home Remedy for skunks

Mark Davis wrote:

> >And, once again, I was shoed away by the skunks, this time well before dawn!
> >Something must be done about these critters, or I'll have to wait for the deep
> >winter to observe again! Anybody know a True Home Remedy for skunk infestation?
>
> Just in case you were not joking:
> A technique used in Virginia sometimes was poison and live traps, but check
> your local laws first. We had problems with rabid skunks so they permitted
> this. Animal Control might be another source of info and sometimes would
> take care of the problem for us. As an ex-hunter, I of couse made the
> mistake of shooting one. Even though they are considered "varmints" under
> state law and this is legal, the "smell" of my shot remained behind for some
> time! So I can't recommend this tactic..dot besides your neighbors would then
> cut on ALL the outside lights!
>
> Mark Davis
> MeteorObs@charlestondot net

Hi All Skunk Sufferers

I just saw on the evening news what may be the answer to your skunk
problems. A skunk in Texas was determined to get the last pickings out of
a cup of yougart and, you've guessed it!  He got the cup stuck on his
head and couldn't get it off.  It took a fearless appartment manager to
snatch it off the skunk's head as it blindly ran around in circles.

Maybe a few strategically placed yougart cartons around tour observing
site may do the trick!

Hope this works

Ron Rennie

Follow-Ups: References: