[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Sep 10/11 Plotting Session

In spite of the bad luck of my fellow Easterners, I got out for a beautiful
night of observing last night! A cold-air mass passing by around 1 am local time
once again made for 6.0+ skies in my usual Pink Sky Site. (I made sure I got in
there this time, so I wouldn't have to disturb the Skunk Family Robinson in my
back yard again... :>)

Teff~=2.9, F~=1.05. 35 meteors plotted total, including two lovely short
sporadic fireballs, one of which produced a 30 sec train! Also two nice bright
DAUs with short trains and lovely orange-yellow color, 3 other likely DAUs, and
2 weaker line-ups with both the published DAU radiant and the Ari-Tri border.

No SPIs, but I was forced to watch in Cas, so that's not surprising.

In addition, saw no less than seven *possible candidates* for the Ari-Tri
complex, lining up to two separate, loose regions at around (NAMN) speed 3.5.
However, my total rates for the night didn't seem like they were too much above
sporadic background, especially with the DAUs taken out, so I guess any
conclusion about the Ari-Tris will have to await more data.

Plots in the mail and details via email as soon as I have a moment to transcribe
both of the last two nights' data. High clouds and an early appointment tomorrow
conspire to keep me from observing tonight, so I may have time to transcribe. :(

Clear skies all!
Lew