[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) alpha-Triangulid radiant.

Last night (Sep 12/13) the heavens finally cleared around 2130 UT and
stayed clear all night.  That seems to be uncommon in recent years.
The transparency was good although the sky brightness could have been
darker.  The LM varied from +6.4 to +6.6.  So it was a good
opportunity to spot telescopic activity from the alpha-Triangulid
radiant last seen in 1994.  As usual I viewed through a 127-mm, x19.5,
2.6-degree refractor during Teff 4.7 hrs (2150--0415).

Although I've yet to study the plots, I think that of the 54 meteors
plotted there were at most 4 meteors from this region let alone the
radiant.  No activity isn't ruled out.

Malcolm Currie
mjc@ast.star.rl.acdot uk