[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Recording/receiving equipment

Just curious to know what the die-hard meteor observers use as far as

1. Tape recorders--I assume a standard 2AA model works well.

2. WWV receiver--These seem to be hard to find.  The 1/96 issue of Sky
and Telescope touted one from Hamtronics, but the $99 price tag and the
requirement for 6 AA batteries seem a bit steep.  I have seen and used a
weather/time radio made by MAXON, and it worked well, but I've never seen
one in stores.  Does anyone have any ideas/pointers?

--
Wes Stone <wstone@lclarkdot edu>  Lewis and Clark College, Portland, OR
                 SKYTOUR Amateur Astronomy Hypertext: