[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Recording/receiving equipment

Trond wrote:
>Now I use a simple roll of paper that I write blindly on.  I've never
>been more satisfied - oh, well, during meteor observations, at least.

Hello Trond,

I made a sample run of using this techniques when I first heard about it and
had some problems with two areas. One was keeping the data "in a line" so I
could understand it later. The other was the paper getting damp with dew.

Concerning the first problem, I would assume that would get better as I got
used to using the roll. But can you give me advice on how you handle the dew
proplem? The paper I used was what I would call "standard" cash register
tape. My pencil began to rip the paper or not write at all. Should I switch
to another type of paper?

Thanks for the help!

Mark Davis
NAMN Coordinator