[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: Recording/receiving equipment

Mark, you wrote:

>Concerning the first problem, I would assume that would get better as I
>got used to using the roll. But can you give me advice on how you
> handle the dew proplem? The paper I used was what I would call
> "standard" cash register tape. My pencil began to rip the paper or
> not write at all. Should I switch to another type of paper?

I do use the same paper-roll method during major shower maxima too. The point
is, I have it in my sleeping bag, and it can't get wet there. I am always afraid
of malfunctions of  a tape recorder, like batteries being low (in cold areas
very likely), wrong button pressed, tape full... So I have not switched to tape
recording yet.  I have never encountered any problem with the paper roll.
Keeping in line is easy when you fold the written paper (say 1/2 inch wide),
producing a second, flattened roll above the source roll.

Best wishes, Rainer