[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) A-T 1996 ZAYGE ...long article

>On Thu, 19 Sep 1996 Malcolm Currie wrote:

>>What's the evidence for a southern component?

Adding to what Gary wrote about the duel nature of the A-T radiant. In 1993
I saw 12 meteors (11 in 2.00 TeFF) and one casually later on. I estimated
that most came from near Gamma Arietis region, but that my estimate may
have been off by 5 degrees or more. I though my RA was more accurate than
my DEC because of more North and South traveling meteors were seen than
East and West traveling meteors. Also, that the brighter meteors seemed to
come from near Gamma Aries region, yet most of the other meteors, which
were fainter, seemed to come from a diffuse region in the Aries-Triangulid
area in general. Also, in 1994 Bob Lunsford saw more meteors from the area
near Gamma Arietis than Alpha Triangulii. In addition to the historical evi-
dense of two branches cited by Gary.

GWG