[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) A-T 1996 ZAYGE ...long article

Gary,

Thanks for the clarification.  This information was omitted from the
WGN article, perhaps for editorial reasons.  I expected that there
was a reasonable justification, I just wanted to understand what it was.

> Could
> these two radiants be part of the separation component discussed in the
> last letter? Maybe the radio meteor data indicate the Alpha Triangulids are
> a more dispersed stream than the Alpha Arietids. This could imply that the
> latter stream is the newest filament.

This is possible.  We'd only see it when it passes the Earth around
mid-September.  There are precedents I think.  I don't have my copy of
a book by Kronk handy to cite examples. (-:

Malcolm