[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) C/1996 Q1 (Tabur) & meteors

Normally I would have told Enrico that meteor activity from a comet in a
long-period orbit would probably be unlikely since the closest distance to
Earth's orbit is 0.11 AU. However, in lieu of the fact that it now seems
certain that comet Tabur was once a part of comet Liller of 1988, there is
most likely a debris cloud extending between the two comets, and possibly
even passed the two comets. I think it would be interesting to monitor the
region on October 24. In fact it might also be interesting if some of the
regular plotters would recheck their records over the past 8 years to see
if any activity was present from this region.

Gary