[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Fireball?

I am kinda new to this list, so if I do something wrong, please don't yell.
Just use a loud tone of voice. Anyway, last night I woke up around 11:10,
and I looked out the window to see if it was still clear. Well, it was.
After about 4 seconds, a VERY bright meteor shot through the sky, towards
the horizon. Now, I am pretty new at this kind of stuff, so it was hard to
judge the magnitude. Also, it is hard to tell exactly how long it lasted, it
seemed like a few seconds at the time, but I think it was actually less. It
was a lot bigger than a normal meteor, and it was an orange-yellow color.
The window faces north, and I am in Allentown, Pennsylvania. I am just
wondering if anyone around here saw anything. This is the first time I have
seen anything this neat, (I am only 14, and just started getting interested
in astronomy a few months ago) and I was wondering if it was a fireball, or
just a particularly bright meteor. Well, if you know anything, please
respond! Clear Skies,

Adam Kraynak