[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Sporadic Flux Variations

Thanks, Jim! Your summary of the currently available data was really concise,
and helped clear up some of the questions which even the IMO Handbook didn't
make entirely clear for me.

But I still have one question for the list: what are some of the hypotheses
which are being tested to explain the late-year peak in sporadic rates? And how
are visual observers' data being used to test these theories?

A related question, I guess: where DO the various materials which make up the
"sporadic background" originate from? Any takers on these questions?

Lew