Original Text
From: Lew Gramer <dedalus@latradedot com>, on 9/23/96 4:40 PM:

Thanks, Jim! Your summary of the currently available data was really
concise,
and helped clear up some of the questions which even the IMO Handbook
didn't
make entirely clear for me.

But I still have one question for the list: what are some of the hypotheses
which are being tested to explain the late-year peak in sporadic rates? And
how
are visual observers' data being used to test these theories?

A related question, I guess: where DO the various materials which make up
the
"sporadic background" originate from? Any takers on these questions?

Lew
7