[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Sporadic Flux Variations

<< A related question, I guess: where DO the various materials which make up
the
 "sporadic background" originate from? Any takers on these questions?

 Lew

-----
Lew,
I believe it's been pretty much answered that comets and asteroids...mostly
comets contribute to the material that makes up the sporadic back ground.
 Just want to add that I read somewhere that this material just about has to
be constantly replinished or it would all disappear in about 10,000 years due
to various causes.  I believe this also applies to the material that makes up
the Gegenschein and the zodiacal lights?
I do believe any material left over from the formation of the solar system is
long gone or consolidated into one of the solar system bodies.
George Z.