Original Text
From: Lew Gramer <dedalus@latradedot com>, on 9/24/96 3:17 PM:

Sirko wrote:
>At the IMC it turned out again, that many groups are interested in video
>systems and would like to setup own cameras. However, purchasing good
>image intensifiers is still the major problem.

Seems like meteor (and other) video observers the world over would have
sufficient numbers to justify a bulk purchase from some supplier of these?
This
would definitely reduce the entry cost for this type of observing! Maybe we
could coordinate a purchase through the IMO or informally over the net?

If the intensifier were cheap enough, I'd be very interested in doing video
work: I'm sure there are others on the list who feel the same way! How
about an
informal survey of our subscribers: Who would be interested in getting
involved
in serious video meteor observation, if the price were low enough? And how
low
an entry price would you need to be able to do it?

Lew