Original Text
From: Mark Davis <MeteorObs@charlestondot net>, on 9/24/96 4:02 PM:
To: <meteorobs@latradedot com>

Kevin asked:
>Does either the IMO and/or NAMN submit any of our findings to either of
these
>two publications?

Yes and no. Peter Brown and Juergen Rendtel have had some success in Sky &
Tel, but I don't think in Astronomy. I have written many, many intro type
articles for both magazines and have in turn received the "thanks, but no
thanks" letter. Sky & Tel in particular has been hard to "crack" into. But
meteor science is making progress. For example, George Zay has had some
meteor photos retained by them for possible future use.

On the NAMN front, we have lately been "discovered" by Sky & Tel, so the
climate may be a little better for us to get articles published. In fact,
their editors have recently contacted me a couple of times, by both email
and postal mail, so guess their interest in meteors is increasing. I would
expect to see more and more as time passes, especially as we approach the
possible Leonid storm period.

Mark Davis
NAMN Coordinator
MeteorObs@charlestondot net