[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: Geminid Get Together

-- [ From: Robert Lunsford * EMC.Ver #2.5.1 ] --

Lew,  You Wrote:

> Heck, let's even invite the California Contingent to this one
(although y'all
> don't have much reason to come cross-country in December, do you?)
..
Sorry guys, we already have a Geminid watch slated for the weekend of
December 14-15 in the Mojave Desert near Barstow. Everyone's invited and
there is plenty of room. It's only a couple of hours drive from Las
Vegas. For those who want to rough it out and watch from a site that
looks like the surface of Mars feel free to come on down! The horizons
are good all the way around with minimal light pollution from the desert
communities. For daytime activities the rock-hounding is fabulous and
the total lack of noise is refreshing. I can promise temperatures in the
70's during the day and 40's during observing time and hopefully
beautiful clear skies.

George Z., you gonna make it this year?

Bob Lunsford