[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) video setup

Hi All

I am interested in the video recording of any kind of object in the night
sky and being a video enthusiast I already have some of the equipment
required.  I would be pleased to work with anybody in the southern
California area to get a workable setup.

What I have is a Hi8 Sony TR700 camera.  This has only a 3 lux  sensitivity
which is not sensitive for serious meteor recording, but it will do to work
out some features of the setup.  I also have a friend who is deeply into
using suveillance cameras for imaging the brighter objects in the night sky.
These have a sensitivity of 0.1 lux, and are available   for much less than
$200, but they would not be sensitive enough by themselves.  I looked into
second generation image intensifiers and the setup required and that started
to sound a little more expensive than I was prepared to invest, so I dropped
the idea.

The other thing I do have is  a computer with lots of RAM and memory, and a
FAST FPS60 video capture board (made in Germany, Sirko!)  which has inputs
for NTSC, PAL and SECAM and outputs for NTSC and PAL.

 If anybody is interested to work with me to set up a system, please let me
know.

Happy Skies

Ron Rennie