[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) The Florida NAMN Group Watch

Lew asked:
>How about some of the other folks on the list who are ALREADY in Florida?
Norm,
>would you be interested in a Keys trip in Winter '97, for old times sake?
Any >of our other East Coast or Midwest subscribers interested, too? All
others >around the world welcome too, if you wouldn't mind travelling to
Florida in >December!

Lew, I would love to set up a meteor-gaze amongst any who could attend,
especially a cold-weather watch in south Florida. On my part, it would just
depend on timing, as I have a difficult time planning leave from work very
far in the future. But if you keep this idea going, keep me in mind as there
is a good possibility that I could attend.

I don't want to damper the idea, but I have the same concern about a group
get together that George Zay mentioned. If all of our eastern observers go
south together, and we get clouded out, we lose all the data from our
longitudes! So I would prefer to make the road trip on as short notice as
possible based on weather reports. But this could create scheduling problems
for you northern guys.

Any thoughts?

Mark Davis
MeteorObs@charlestondot net