[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) L.M. During Lunar Eclipse

-- [ From: Robert Lunsford * EMC.Ver #2.5.1 ] --

I managed to catch the lunar eclipse last evening. I had to drive some
50 miles eastward and watch from the 4000 ft. level of Mt. Laguna. Even
there, the fog was threatening but managed to stay away and let me enjoy
the show. At mid-eclipse I made a star count in Pegasus and managed a LM
of 6.68. This is not bad considering it was only 30 degrees high at the
time. Malcolm would be proud of me as I saw a meteor through my 11 X
80's while viewing the moon. It passed one degree from the edge of the
disk. I also saw 2 more naked eye meteors while surveying the scene with
unaided vision. It was a nice little outing well worth the effort.

Bob Lunsford