[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) NAMN Meteor Train Study

Not long ago I announced a meteor train study being conducted by IMO member
Mark Vints and asked NAMN members for their input on whether there was
enough interest to begin participating in the study. Since that message, I
have received numerous responses, all of which were favorable to the study.
So NAMN will now formally implement the program into our normal observing
efforts.

A separate form for meteor trains is required for reporting these
observations. The form is short and straight-forward, and should not take
long to fill out. Currently the form is in hardcopy only, but Kevin Kilkenny
has volunteered to try to convert it to ASCII text which will allow it to be
transmitted across the Internet. Once Kevin is able to get it converted, we
will email copies to all members who have expressed an interest in the program.

If you did not respond to the first announcement of the study, and you would
now like to participate, please send me private email at the address below
and I will include you in the mailing of the form.

Clear skies,

Mark Davis
NAMN Coordinator
MeteorObs@charlestondot net