[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Possible fireball in California

At 11:56 AM 10/4/96 -0400, you wrote:
>At 11:41 AM 10/4/96 -0400, you wrote:
>Tom reported:
>>I believe that same possible meteor was seen fragmenting over mid New
>>Mexico.  Local witnesses in Albuquerque saw a large fireball fragmenting
>>and leaving a greenish trail. A helicopter was sent up to see if a plane
>>had actually crashed.
>>
>>I'm not radio monitoring presently for fireballs but if I hear more on this
>>end I will let the meteorobs list know.
>
>Thanks for the report Tom. From here I am out of the "loop" but I have
>contacted some astronomy friends in the San Francisco area (per report from
>J. Penner) to check local reports.
>
>Best,
>Mark Davis
>MeteorObs@charlestondot net

Hi all
I saw a report on TV about this fireball also, but there was nothing extra
to what has been reported here.

I am very interested in all reports about fireballs that have been spotted
recently as I am investigating a number of recent reports of fireballs, all
of which have been moving in a south easterly direction.  I don't know if
that fact alone has any significance, thats a part of what I am
investigating.  This one does seem to be different in as much as it was
reported to be green and yellow.  The other ones all seem to have been white
to orange to red.

Can anybody out there tell me what significance the colors have.  Does it
mean that they are a particular composition, and if so, does it tell us
anything about their source?

Any information on these matters would be appreciated.

Thank you

Ron Rennie

Lomita, CA