[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Possible fireball in California

I was observing last night, but I believe I was snoozing at the moment of the
fireball's occurrence.  I started my meteor watch at 10 pm. So...I can't
confirm whether the New Mexico sighting could be the same as the California
sighting.  Bright meteors can be seen for long distances.  A few years back,
I recorded an estimated -19 fireball from near the Mexican border while Dave
Holman recorded it as a -8 very low on the horizon from Sonora,
California...just North of Yosemite...about 450 miles apart. That's how Dave
and I got to know each other...I saw his report along with mine in the FIDAC
News report...we had it recorded to the exact same second...we both used stop
watches..dot it was amazing that we actually ended up with the same second in
our reports.
George Z.