[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Anomalies anyone?

GREGG M PASTERICK wrote:

> Tom,
>
> How about a self-luminous football shaped thingie strolling casually
> across the treetops? I can just see all those eye
> balls rolling, but that's what I saw, with another fellow, during the
> Perseids of 1982 or '83.
>
> As far as I know, I was not abducted and do not suffer missing time
> though I do often misplace things.
>
> Actually, one other time, a fellow and myself saw a pink light, very
> Venus-like, bright, mag -4.0 or better (brighter)
> drifting from west towards the north in a straight line........and
> then it suddenly zig-zagged a couple times and then
> continued on its way. Again, no abduction or missing time, though I
> did develop lactose intolerance later in life.
>
> Jokes aside, I did see these 2 weird things.
>
> During the Perseids of 86 or so, I saw that Japabese satellite dump
> its fuel. It was truly weird. It spiralled out, gradually
> expanding into a big donut, drifting eastward and fading. Did anyone
> else see that?
>
> Gregg
> http://pages.prodigydot com/daddy

On the evening of August 12th, 1986, while wathching the Perseid meteor
shower, I saw a small brilliant, glowing cloud formed in the southern
sky. I was observing under a very dark sky near Saint-Methode, Province
of Quebec, Canada. It was first a point of light and quickly expanded in
a large, spiral cloud. At that time I did not know what kind of object
it was.

Impossible to be an aurora, it was in the south. For me it was the
greatest enigma since I began observation of meteors in 1967, it was
quite a strange phenomenon.

I got an answer only two months after my observation when I received the
magazine Sky & Telecope of November 1986 (page 546). They  give a good
report of that anomalie.

Sky & Telecope reports :
"Orbital calculations revealed that the two points traveling with the
cloud were the Japanese satellites. One, intended for geodetic
measurements, was covered with mirrors that undoubtedly caused the
flashing seen by observers."

The cloud's appearance was consistent with unused liquid fuel being
released.

Hope this information is interesting for you.

Gaetan Chevalier
Sainte-Foy (Quebec)
Canada