[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Anomalies anyone?

On Tue,  8 Oct 1996 13:55:29, -0500, you wrote:

>During the Perseids of 86 or so, I saw that Japabese satellite dump
>its fuel. It was truly weird. It spiralled out, gradually
>expanding into a big donut, drifting eastward and fading. Did anyone
>else see that?

I too saw the Japanese satellite.  When I saw it I was about a mile north of the Ohio
State University.  For those of you unfamilar with this area it is well within the city
limits of Columbus, Ohio. It is a vertiable paradise for those who love light pollution.
In addition the State Fair was in full swing, which adds even more light to the night sky.
The fact that i saw this from my location tells me that it must have been magnificient out
in the country.

Paul

psmc@ixdot netcomdot com