<<Subj:  Re:West Coast Fireball?
Date:  96-10-10 22:33:20 EDT
From:  Sowell1215

My wife and I were traveling on highway 5, northbound and were watching a
cropduster over the fields at night. he had huge landing type lights (the
better to see the ground with) and on one swing he did light up the haze. I
turned back to watch the road and the entire sky lit up like a giant
lightning strike. I thought it was the duster coming around again, but my
wife saw the fireball, trailing "sparks" as it headed east toward the Sierra
foothills. She said it did not land at ground level so that seems to indicate
it landed within the hills or the Sierras. We were about 10 minutes north of
the Grapevine, south of Buttonwillow.>>

Kevin