[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Fireballs abound in Ca.

<< <<Subj:  Re:West Coast Fireball?
 Date:  96-10-10 22:33:20 EDT
 From:  Sowell1215

 My wife and I were traveling on highway 5, northbound and were watching a
 cropduster over the fields at night. he had huge landing type lights (the
 better to see the ground with) and on one swing he did light up the haze. I
 turned back to watch the road and the entire sky lit up like a giant
 lightning strike. I thought it was the duster coming around again, but my
 wife saw the fireball, trailing "sparks" as it headed east toward the Sierra
 foothills. She said it did not land at ground level so that seems to
indicate
 it landed within the hills or the Sierras. We were about 10 minutes north of
 the Grapevine, south of Buttonwillow.>>

 Kevin

kevin,
I saw this too, but I thought it was the same fireball that has been recently
discussed. No date for the sighting was given.
George Z.