[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Oct. 15 Observations

-- [ From: Robert Lunsford * EMC.Ver #2.5.1 ] --

I had a 3 hour observing session with George from his observatory site.
I had a little excitement as I drove up. I thought I saw comet Tabur at
3rd magnitude but when I arrived at the observatory and looked through
binoculars it turned out to be a group of stars. The true comet Tabur
rose near 4am and was roughly magnitude 5.5 .

I counted 42 meteors during the 3 hours. The Orionids and Epsilon
Geminids were well represented plus a few Taurids made an appearance.
Several meteors could have belong to either the ORI or EGE. These
meteors were classified as ORI due to the stronger rates of this shower.

09:15-10:15 UT     0.88     6.57     2 EGE     2 NTA     2 ORI     2 STA
    10 SPO

10:15-11:15 UT     0.94     6.47     1 EGE     1 ORI     6 SPO

11:15-12:15 UT     0.89     6.37     2 EGE     5 ORI     1 STA     8 SPO

All 3 hours had an F of 1.00. TeFF was reduced due to plotting. I was
facing southeast at an elevation of 70 degrees the entire session.

Beginning Temperature/relative Humidity:     63 F (12 C)     55%

Ending Temperature/Relative Humidity:        60 F (11 C)     53%

Bob Lunsford