[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Fireballs abound in Ca.

At 10:20 AM 10/14/96 -0400, you wrote:
>You West Coast guys are getting all the action.  Stolen from aol's discussion
>board:
>
><<Subj:  Re:West Coast Fireball?
>Date:  96-10-10 22:33:20 EDT
>From:  Sowell1215
>
>My wife and I were traveling on highway 5, northbound and were watching
a.............
>wife saw the fireball, trailing "sparks" as it headed east toward the Sierra
>foothills. She said it did not land at ground level so that seems to indicate
>it landed within the hills or the Sierras. We were about 10 minutes north of
>the Grapevine, south of Buttonwillow.>>
>
>Kevin

Hi All

I saw a couple of news reports last night, quoting "scientists", that this
fireball was the same one that was seen over Texas and New Mexico that had
"skipped back into space for ninety minutes and landed in southern
California somewhere north of Los Angeles".  These "scientists" were
offering a monetary reward for any pieces of this meteor weighing over four
ounces.

I'll bet they are only offering rock bottom prices!

Best wishes
Ron Rennie