Original Text
From: GeoZay@aoldot com, on 10/15/96 3:19 PM:
To: <meteorobs@latradedot com>

I observed on Oct 14/15 for about 6.5 hours and recorded a total of 70
meteors...about 95% were plotted.

I recorded 10 ORI,  8 EGE, 8 NTA, 11 STA and 33 sporadics. Earlier in the
evening I saw comet Hale/Bopp thru my 14X100 binoculars.  It appears to me
that there is a short stubby tail of about 1.5 to 2 degrees long. I made
several guided exposures with a 135mm lens at f/2.8 with exposures between
4
to 7 minutes using HP-5 film. I also made one exposure of 15 minutes long
with a 50mm f/2.0 lens. Perhaps something more interesting will show up on
film? This morning I did see a -3 EGE...unfortunately it wasn't near my
camera's field.

I see some people reporting meteors as OAR's ...what are these?

Ron, your reported Orionid at 9 pm may have been something else...perhaps a
Taurid? or Sporadic? The radiant doesn't rise from S. Calif area until near
after midnight.
George Z.