[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) October 09/10 Observation

>I was curious, Mark, about why you didn't observe the Taurids during that last
>hour? Seems like the radiant was plenty high: might partially explain the jump
>in your Sporadic rates, too...

Lew, you are right, the radiant was at a good elevation. But due to local
conditions, I always try to observe toward the east as much as possible. To
the southwest I have low altitude light pollution and to the northwest a
nice oak tree. During the last hour of that observation, the Taurid radiants
had gotten to a location where I could not monitor them accurately without
changing the direction of my FOV. So as to not introduce suspect Taurid
data, I rotated off of them and concentrated on the Orionids only.

Mark Davis
MeteorObs@charlestondot net