[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Plotting and shower association

Wayne Hally wrote:
>To insure that I don't influence my plotz, I make it a practice not to know
>precisely where the radiants are when I'm plotting. Therefore I'm never really
>quite sure which showers I might be looking at.

I've always wondered about that little snag in the IMO plotting method! What you
do is surely good observing practice for us newbies, especially when observing
minor or suspect shower radiants. The problem is that IMO expects shower
associations along with all the other data during a plotting session: and I
COULD add that info during the analysis afterwards, but I feel kind of funny
doing it post facto instead, so I generally make a *suspect* association right
after I plot the meteor (and occasionally before), but before I note magnitude,
etc. What do the "less new salts" think on this one?

Lew