[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Guided vs. unguided meteor photography

>Analysis of unguided images is done routinely by some, but I believe the longer
>the exposure, the more uncertain these points become and yes I would think more
>difficult.

Thanks for a really helpful reply, George. And I didn't realize we had a visual
artist on the list, no less! :) BTW, do you have any of your photography results
on the Internet anywhere? The meteor stuff and also your night-time compositions
sound like they'd be worth of a "page" or two on the Web.

What do some of the folks that do photographic meteor data reduction think about
this one? Are unguided longer exposures a problem to analyze for you? If so,
what's the cutoff? (I'm not likely to plop down the $00s for a CamTrak anytime
soon, so this is a key question for me: maybe some day my barn-door will get
motorized, but in the mean time, all my meteor photography would be unguided.)

Keep in mind that we're talking about single-station here, which I'm not sure is
that useful in terms of data analysis anyway... All thoughts appreciated!

Lew