[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) October 09/10 Observation

<< My decision to end Taurid observations was not
 because of the radiant itself moving away from my FOV, but the fact it was
 moving into a bad region of sky at my specific site. I could have kept all
 three radiants in my field, but again, that would have dropped the LM of a
 portion of my field to 5.0 or 5.1. So in this case, I changed my FOV to one
 suitable for the Orionids only.

Mark,
If I'm plotting, I don't stop observing for any particular shower just
because it's no longer in my FOV.  If you know where the radiant is, I see no
harm in noting at that moment if it's a member of a particular shower or not.
But if the radiant isn't known or can't be seen, this is where you make the
determinations later if it's a shower member or not. I pick up a lot of
Taurids while not being able to see the radiant. Just make good plots and
apply all the rules of shower determinations and you should do okay.
George Z.