[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Comet Tabur Meteors?

<<    I forgot to mention that on the morning of October 7th around 9:45 UT
 while observing Comet Tabur with a pair of 12x63 binoculars, I saw two
 telecopic meteors of about 7th or 8th magnitude in just a few minutes in
 the same field as the comet. They seemed to intersect just a few degrees
 away toward the direction that the comet was predicted to be in a day or
 two.  Anyway, as only two meteors is too few to say anything about associat-
 ion with a telecopic shower in the plane of the orbit of Tabur/Liller,
 it is interesting to speculate if there was anyway. I regret that I didn't
 watch longer, but it was early in the morning, and I wasn't alert enough to
 think of it. Did anyone here of anyone seeing any meteors from that area
 during that time?

 GWG

-------
George G.
I don't have a clue as to how to determine where meteors from a comet might
appear from. But I have learned thru some trial and error from more learned
folks from Hyakutake that possible meteors from a visual comet may not
necessarily come from the same general area that the comet is presently
positioned. My guess is that you saw some chance meteors in the field of view
with the comet.
George Z.