[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Old cameras

<< IMHO the camera of choice is the old Olympus OM-1.  Everything is manual
and
 it has mirror lock up for when you decide to do different types of
 astrophotography.  They are all over camera swaps ( if there's such a thing
 near you).I have two and each one with a 50 mm, f1.8 lens was gotten for
less
 than $175.

 Kevin

--------
If I remember right, the old Olympus OM-1 is a very small SLR. I once owned
one while in the military and stationed in Korea(1970).  It was so small that
when I adjust for focus that my fingers also adjusted the f/stop unwantingly.
I got so frustrated that one day I thru it off a bridge out in the middle of
no where.  Now many years later I wish I had it..dot because of it's smallness
and lighter weight. I do recommend this camera for astronomy purposes only
...unless you got real small fingers.  Yes Kevin, we do have swap meets out
here.  I go to a local major camera store in San Diego to pick up my used
cameras and accessories when needed. I often can buy a good SLR camera body(I
usually prefer Pentax) for about $75...a 50mm lens for under $50.
George Z.