[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) October 09/10 Observation

>If I'm plotting, I don't stop observing for any particular shower just
>because it's no longer in my FOV.  If you know where the radiant is, I see no
>harm in noting at that moment if it's a member of a particular shower or not.
>But if the radiant isn't known or can't be seen, this is where you make the
>determinations later if it's a shower member or not. I pick up a lot of
>Taurids while not being able to see the radiant. Just make good plots and
>apply all the rules of shower determinations and you should do okay.
>George Z.

George,

Thanks for the input and advice. Actually, this is something I have not even
thought of doing, I guess due to being concerned with exceeding the 20 to 40
degree distance from radiant requirement. But I also have a follow-up
question: if the radiant is outside your field, then its possible that you
would not be able to identify the begin point of a meteor, and so wouldn't
be able to plot it. In these cases, do you just note time, magnitude, etc.
and list it as a sporadic, or do you completely ignore that one meteor?

Thanks,
Mark Davis
MeteorObs@charlestondot net