[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Meteors from Far Off Radiants

-- [ From: Robert Lunsford * EMC.Ver #2.5.1 ] --

I read with great interest Mark's description of how he changed his
field of view and classified possible Taurids as sporadics. IMHO it
would be better to classify these possible Taurids as TAU's or OAR
(since both radiants actually lie in Aries). I do not know if Mark was
plotting or not. If he wasn't then it would be impossible to accurately
categorize these meteors beyond a general area. If he was plotting then
it should be possible to trace it back to any radiant in the sky.

This is another reason why plotting is so valuable. The radiant does not
have to be in the field of view in order to determine shower association
.

This has been a very interesting topic and I have enjoyed everyone's
comments. I hope that everyone finds my two cents worth just as
interesting.

Bob