[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Comet Tabur Meteors?

<< October 24 would be the key date for observations and it might be the only
 possible date to see activity. But I would like to suggest observations
 beginning four days before and ending four days after this possible date of
 "maximum". Therefore, for this minor meteor shower watch, observations,
 especially plotting, should be conducting on as many days as possible
 during the period of October 20 to 28. As usual, all reports should still
 be sent to Mark Davis.

-------
Good luck folks!  Just a reminder...full moon on Oct 26...Tonight (Oct 18/19)
is my last night of observing until November...if I can sneak out of the
house without the wife really noticing around midnight.  The following night
leads up to a grueling 3 day shift at work and I will need all the rest I can
get to last thru it.  My weather forecast still calls for clear skies up in
the mountains where I observe, but there is talk of it being breezy or even
having a "mild" Santa Ana condition.  To make things easier for me, I plan on
not using my camera tonight....This is when I will most likely see some
bright fireballs no doubt.  It's a real chore getting up to tend the camera
only to find your cot a hundred feet away when you get back...dot been
there...done that! When they say "mild" Santa Ana, it only means for a short
period...but usually still intense winds. Bob said he doesn't plan on being
up tonight...but I believe he will be covering the skies on Sunday night at
least. Later!
George Z.