[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: Oct 15 Observations ZAYGE

Malcolm Currie writes:
>> The OM-1 also has interchangeable screens.  One
>> of them helps to focus on stars.

It's the 1-8 I think. Bought one many years ago. Was very disappointed.

It is about as dark as the original screen. Maybe it is somewhat sharper.
The image did however get very dark and grainy, especially with eyepiece
projection photography. Not convenient.

Actually, I now prefer to use the much lighter split-image prism in the
central part of the standard screen.

My personal opinion is that I wouldn't spend money on this screen.
Go for a Intenscreen instead. I haven't tested it myself, but others
seem to be fond of it.

-- Trond