[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) IMO-NEWS Fwd: Daylight fireball

------- Forwarded Message

Date: Wed, 23 Oct 1996 23:59:41 +0100
To: imo-news@tu-chemnitzdot de
From: Casper ter Kuile <pegasoft@cc.ruudot nl>
Subject: Daylight fireball

Dear observers!

As previously stated by Urjan Poerink of the "Dutch working group meteors"
a daylight fireball has been observed from the eastern and northern
part of the Netherlands.
Our well-known meteorologist Jacob Kuiper from the National Meteorological
Weather Service (KNMI) has gathered lots of observations regarding this event.

It might turn out that this fireball could well be a meteoritedropper!

>From a number of observations we are able to conclude that this fireball
appeared above Germany (Niedersachsen, Schleswig-Holstein,
Mecklenburg-Vorpommeren), Denmark or the Baltic sea. The uncertainty is
rather big still.

We urgently ask our German and Danisch colleagues to pay attention to this
special event!
Dutch meteorobservers of the DMS and WGM will join efforts in an
interviewsession this weekend in the north-eastern part of the Netherlands
to gain more knowledge on the trajectory of this very special event.

Many best wishes and good luck!

Casper.

|     Casper ter Kuile, Akker 145, NL-3732 XD De Bilt, the Netherlands     |
|    Phone: (31)-30-2203170; Fax: (31)-30-2202695; GSM: (31)-6-54723974    |
|                         E-mail: pegasoft@cc.ruudot nl                       |
|       World Wide Web: http://www.pidot net/~terkuile/meteors/dms.htm        |

------- End of Forwarded Message