[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Slow periods

<< It would be interesting to see if the slow periods we all see correlate in

 time. When the monthy NAMN totals come out, I will examine them for periods
 when 2 or more observers (not in the same location) are watching to see if
 they are actually the same time periods. I have had nights (as I'm sure we
 all have) where I've had very slow periods (after an active one) even early
 in the night. Certainly certain harmonic resonances (perhaps with the moon,
 or  >>
--------
Wayne,
I don't think looking during similar hours of activity will show you too much
because it appears that the activity will average itself out to still seem
like normal...I'd think you will have to examine actual meteor times to
within the minute and see if the gaps or near gaps occur with any frequency.
Mainly looking for about 15 to 20 minute dead periods on average.
George Z