[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Meteor Photo Sept 11/12, 1996

I just developed two rolls of film.  I thought I was developing for the night
of Oct 14/15, but I wasn't.  I guess that roll is still in the camera.  I
won't know for sure until I develope that roll and see what i wrote on the
first frame.  I was hoping to see some photos that I took of comet Hale bopp
from that night.  i guess I will have to wait until after my next observing
run.  Anyhow, from the roll that I did develop, I got an apparently nice
photo of a long -3 sporadic from Sept 11/12.  I've only seen it as a negative
so far. But it appears to have many breaks from the rotating
shutter...something like over 50. Rainer, this is meteor #4 for that night.
 I also plotted it in Cepheus. The stars look pinpoint. I'll probably be
making prints sometime after the Leonids.  I still have to scrutinize the
negatives when they dry for perhaps some dimmer meteors although I'm not
expecting any more captures. But....
George Zay