[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) sleep/meteor observing

<< No problem...I don't know what it may mean as to my observing abilities as
 for sleep goes. but as you know I am a fireman as well as Kevtk...we do get
 woke up many times during the night.  >>

I hate when that happens.  3 or 4 times a night is a slow for us. My all time
record was 20 runs between midnite and 9AM.  You can believe I was falling
thru my butt the next day. Our house policy is no sleeping until midnight,
and only cat naps during the day. No one in the bunk room during the day
tour.
One thing I find in relation to observing is any amount of shut eye no matter
how small gives me a tremendous second wind, and also I've learned to sleep
anywhere.  I remember we were send to a fire watch during Crown Heights Riots
(I don't know if it made national TV) a few years back, and from 6PM til 9AM
sitting in our rig in a baracaded block. When an alarm came in we went out in
convoy surrounded by police to protect us.  That night we had to sleep
sitting up in the rig.  So a lawn chair out in a clearing is NO PROBLEM.
 Later.

Levin